MSMEs world over contribute to as much as 40% of the GDP. They are often regarded as the fountain head of radical innovation. In recent years, the Government of India and various state Government are laying great emphasis on creating an eco-system of innovation that ignites creativity, nurtures ideas, provides a platform for experimenting with new approaches and consequently spurs the growth of MSMEs by translating ideas to innovations. Usually the associated eco-system is a complex interaction between innovators, laboratories, academicians, financiers, marketing professionals, and other enablers in an environment that is called “Incubator”. Within the Incubator, the science & technology part is usually handled by scientists and academicians, who mentor the ideating innovator or organization.
In this region, there are a large number of MSEs working on processing of metal, alloy and materials, chemical processes that require R&D inputs/ interventions time and again to meet the emerging market needs and their sustenance. In order to provide, technological solution, to mentor entrepreneurs/startups, alongside facilitating incubation of startups, the Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH) has been established at CSIR-IMMT, by the joint effort of CSIR-IMMT and Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Government of India. It’s primary objective is to nurture and promote innovations in MSMEs and provide them R&D or knowledge-based support in the area of new materials and chemical processes. The aim is three-fold:
- Find a market for our innovations in the MSME sector.
- Mentor, nurture, collaborate, or hand-hold MSMEs to develop innovations.
- Provide enabling services such as IPR support, Laboratory facilities, Testing and analysis support for quality assurance, Auditing of existing production processes etc.
The CRTDH was set-up in February, 2019 at CSIR-IMMT. The foundation stone of the CRTDH building along with the Incubator office space was laid by the Director General of CSIR on 1.2.2019. We are working with a vision to take this CRTDH scheme forward in this region and establish supporting linkages with all stakeholders.
- Building Materials
- Secondary Steel Makers
- Foundry and Cast Products
- Metal Handicrafts
- Processing of Waste from Mineral, Metallurgical and Chemical Industries
- Metal Products-Finishing and Coating
- Chemicals products
- Others working in the area of machine products, downstream ancillaries, logistic support and spare parts having material related manufacturing, testing and quality assurance needs etc.
- Technology Up-gradation
- Introduction of New Technology
- Product Diversification
- Targeted Critical Problem Solving
- Testing , Quality Assurance & Certification
- Facilitation for Environmental Clearance
- Training & Mentoring
- Incubation Support